Here’s my prediction for 2014…take a look at 5 different artists/bands that I believe will be successful in the next year. Feel free to take a peep to see if you agree and to discover some new music to add to your ever-growing collection..Enjoy!
1. Snarky Puppy
- The band features a collective of nearly 40 musicians, referred to as “The Fam” on their recordings and tours.
- Snarky Puppy was nominated for a Grammy Award in the “Best R&B Performance” category, with their cover of Lalah Hathaway’s song “Somethin”
Watch the video for “Somethin” below..
- From Melbourne, Australia
- Nice blend of soul music with Jazz vocals
- Currently nominated for a grammy for their song “Nakamarra”–listen to it below
3. Lianne La Havas
I absolutely love this artist! Her first album was amazing and I can’t wait to see what she has in store for 2014.
- Her debut album Is Your Love Big Enough? was awarded the title of iTunes Album of The Year 2012.
- She was nominated for the BBC’s Sound of 2012 poll
- Listen to “Elusive” below (one of my favorite records from her debut album)–the video was released this year
- Influences: Blues, jazz, soul, country, hip hop
- Clark’s musical trademarks are his extremely fuzzy guitar sound and smooth vocal style.
- Currently nominated for a Grammy for “Please Come Home”
Listen to his live performance of “Please Come Home”
Lorde is only 17 years old and her debut album, Pure Heroine has received worldwide critical acclaim…
- Lorde is nominated for a total of four Grammys, which include ‘Record of the Year’ and ‘Song of the Year’ for “Royals” and ‘Best Pop Vocal Album’ for Pure Heroine.
- Her musical debut was an EP entitled, whicThe Love Clubh was released in November 2012
- Her first single, “Royals”, debuted at number one on the New Zealand Top 40, and also reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100 in 2013, making her the first New Zealand solo artist to have a number one song in the United States.
Lorde’s video “Royals”