Who is Sevyn Streeter?
- American Singer-Songwriter
- Genres: R&B, Hip Hop, Pop, Dance
- Label: CBE (Chris Brown’s record label) signed in March 2012
- Influences: Aaliyah, Brandy, Toni Braxton, Mariah Carey, Yolanda Adams, Celine Dion, Whitney Houston, Earth, Wind & Fire
- Sevyn has been in the “industry” for many years. I personally remember her being a member of the teenage girl group TG4 (Tom Girl 4) in the early 2000s (associated act of boy band B2K–I was a big fan..don’t judge me LOL). TG4 was a four member group that was one of the opening acts on the “Scream Tour” that was headlined by Bow Wow and B2K, but the group didn’t garner much success and disbanded. In 2009, Sevyn was a member of another girl group “RichGirl” who eventually disbanded in 2011 due to poor commercial success. RichGirl was even the opening act for Beyoncé’s I Am…Tour (North American leg). After the group disbanded, Sevyn continued to write songs for other artists (such as Alicia Keys, Mary J. Blige, Ariana Grande, Kelly Rowland, Fantasia) also including Chris Brown (“Yeah-3x”, “Strip”, and “Fine China”–just to name a few) which eventually led to her signing with his CBE record label in March 2012.
Sevyn released her debut single as a solo artist in October of 2012, “I Like It” (not included on her EP). This record was her breakthrough single and led up to the release of the lead single for her EP “It Won’t Stop” (feat. Chris Brown) (co-produced by Diplo of Mad Decent Records–be sure to check out that post). The video has over 10 million views on YouTube.
Released: December 3, 2013
1. Come On Over
2. It Won’t Stop (feat. Chris Brown)
3. Sex on the Ceiling
4. Call Me Crazy
Watch Sevyn’s “It Won’t Stop” video feat. Chris Brown (It’s a nice slow jam, laidback song)
I think this is a solid project for Sevyn. 2014 should be a promising year for Sevyn. She has been working hard for many years and it appears that it’s finally HER time! My favorite tracks include the lead single “It Won’t Stop”, “Shattered” and “nEXt”. “Shattered” explains how things can fall apart in a relationship and “nEXt” is wanting your EX to be your nEXt boyfriend/girlfriend. Below is the teaser for her next single “Sex on the Ceiling.”
- Follow Sevyn on Twitter @Sevyn for updates or check out her official website.
- Purchase her album for $5.99 on iTunes! (It’s been in heavy rotation for the past few weeks on my end–hopefully you all will feel the same!)